Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 243 a note from God: Ezekiel 38-39







He asked me,
“Human one, can these bones live again?”
I said,
“LORD God, only you know.”


Ezekiel 37:3 CEB





I realize this was in yesterday's reading, but this is my blog. So my choice.

I love Ezekiel's response.

God asks a question that has a very simple response.

Can dead bones live again?

Are you kidding me? I know this one - No Way! Those are bones. They are dead and and gone.

Ezekiel has been around long enough. He has been around God long enough.

Ezekiel is not going to be Peter and yell out the first thing that comes to mind.

I imagine Ezekiel took a deep breath. Looked around. Thought about his answer.

Rethought his answer and then said the only thing that could possibly makes sense in that moment, “God, only you know.”

We need to learn to respond more like Ezekiel.

God asks us everyday to do things that we want to say, "No way. Can't do it."

We need to take a breath. Survey the situation.

And then say, "With God all things are possible. What you want me to do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment