Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 239 a note from God: Ezekiel 24-27


How your betrayals defile you! I cleansed you, but you didn’t come clean from your impurities. You won’t be clean again until I have exhausted my anger against you.
Ezekiel 24:13 CEB

Remember when records were actually vinyl? Remember when they would get scratched and repeat themselves over and over?

I am often accused of sounding like a broken record - the same message over and over.

I have often lamented to myself that I seem to be in a rut with the same message coming through Sunday after Sunday.

Then I read Ezekiel (all 27 chapters so far) and wonder, "How did he keep on?"

The same message over and over - Destruction is coming!

I am relieved that my repetitive message is seemingly filled with more hope . . .

God loves you . . .

Jesus died for you . . .

How you live your faith matters . . .

Then again, on second read . . . that is exactly what Ezekiel was proclaiming.

No comments:

Post a Comment