Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 237 a note from God: Ezekiel 20-21


But they rebelled against me and refused to listen to me. No one cast off their disgusting things or abandoned their Egyptian idols. So I declared that I would pour out my wrath on them and satisfy my anger against them in the land of Egypt. But I acted for the sake of my name, so that it wouldn’t be degraded in the sight of the nations among whom they lived, and in whose sight I made it known that I would lead them out of the land of Egypt.
Ezekiel 20:8-9 CEB

I beleive we have lost this understanding of God in our modern world. By this I mean the God who "acted for the sake of My Name."

God is Holy. Actually God is Holy, Holy, Holy.

Perhaps we have spent so much time focusing on God's mercy and grace that we have forgotten what we need mercy and grace from!

God is Holy and will not be made the fool.

Judgement will come and on that day we pray that there will be grace and mercy.

The existence of grace and mercy (through the actions of Christ) will not elimninate the judgement.

Where will you stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment