Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 246 a note from God: Ezekiel 44-45


The LORD said to me, This gate remains closed. It shouldn’t be opened. No one should come in through it because the LORD, Israel’s God, has entered through it. It will remain closed. As for the prince, he may sit in it to eat bread in the LORD’s presence. He may come in and go out by way of the gate’s porch.
Ezekiel 44:2-3 CEB

Today is one of those days. You read the Bible and scratch your head.

People a great deal smarter, or at least more learned, than I have tried for centuries to understand what Ezekiel meant. For that matter, what God was trying to tell us in these passages.

This is one of those passages that I leave to the Pan-theologists - "It will pan out in the end!"

I have no idea what God is trying to say.

I am left trusting those portions of the Bible that I do understand.

I am left with the hope that one day I will understand this passage as well.

After all, Paul said, "I look through the glass dimly, but one day I will see clearly."

Until that say, keep reading . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment