Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 262 a note from God: Nehemiah 6-7


My God then prompted me to assemble the officials, the officers, and the people so that they could be registered by families. I found the record of the families who were the first to return, and I found the following written in it:
Nehemiah 7:5 CEB

This is one of those tough chapters to read: Nehemiah 7. Even if you can get all the names pronounced correctly . . . why are they even there? Why waste the time and paper to record all these things in the Bible?

Then one day I knew the answer and was encouraged.

Consider that in that day all the way until now those names mattered enough that someone wrote them down. As a result, they will never be forgotten!

Isn't that what we all want? To be remembered at some time in the future. To have some record that states that are living mattered.

As great as the Bible is there is a Book that is even greater . . . God says that those who follow Him have their name written in the Book of Life.

Names matter.

Names represent people.

I want my name remembered.

I want God to know my name.

Does God know your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment