Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 244 a note from God: Ezekiel 40-41

In God’s visions, he brought me to the land of Israel and set me down on a very high mountain, where there was a city structure to the south.

Ezekiel 40:2 CEB

As if Ezekiel hasn't been hard enough to understand. Beginning in chapter 40 and continuing to the end of the book, there are some of the most difficult passages in the Bible to understand.

Matthew Henry stated in his commentary "when we despair to be satisfied as to any difficulty we meet with, let us bless God that our salvation does not depend upon it, but that things necessary are plain enough; and let us wait till God shall reveal even this unto us."

Can I get an "Amen!"

My relationship with God is not dependent on understanding all of Ezekiel. The things I need to understand are straight forward and simple. And it is okay to let the rest settle themselves out.

I'll try to provide some insight over the next couple of days.

Don't despair in your reading or your understanding. People have been trying to figure out Ezekiel's vision ever since he wrote it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment