Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 236 a note from God: Ezekiel 18-19


The LORD’s word came to me: What do you mean by this proverb of yours about the land of Israel: “When parents eat unripe grapes, the children’s teeth suffer”? As surely as I live, says the LORD God, no longer will you use this proverb in Israel! All lives are mine; the life of the parent and the life of the child belong to me. Only the one who sins will die. People are declared innocent when they act justly and responsibly ...
Abandon all of your repeated sins. Make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. Why should you die, house of Israel? I most certainly don’t want anyone to die! This is what the LORD God says. Change your ways, and live!

Ezekiel 18:1-5,31-32 CEB

The blame game is over. No longer can a child say, "It is my parent's fault!"

God declares that each will be held responsible for their actions.

Stop complaining about everyone else and change Your ways!

I think Ezekiel would fit in really well today. Perhaps we can send him to the Capitol building to declare some personal accountability!

No comments:

Post a Comment