Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 150 a note from God: Proverbs 13-15


Better a bread crust shared in love
than a slab of prime rib served in hate.

Proverbs 15:17 The Message

I still remember being fascinated with this proverb when I first read it in the New Loving Translation: A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate.

From that day on it has stuck with me.

It became a part of my marriage proposal to my wife. At the time, I was broke and unemployed. I couldn't promise her wealth or stuff, but I did promise her that I would love her forever.

We have had many days of vegetables and bread crust. We have also had days of world travel and fine dining.

Through the years this adage has remained true - - - I would rather be eating veggies and bread crumbs with the one I love than dine at the finest table with others.

Stop worrying about what you are going to eat and revel in the joy of the ones that dine at the table with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment