Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 21 a note from God: Genesis 27-29



Prepare me the kind of tasty food I like and bring it to me to eat, so that I may give you my blessing before I die.” Genesis 27:4

The Blessing by Smalley and Trent has always been one of my favorite reads and foundational in developing a process for raising a family and being a Dad. This book is based on this story from the Bible. Recommended reading for anyone.

Remember that Esau has already sold his birthright to Jacob. Now he wants the blessing. Abraham has but one blessing to give before he dies. Not a big deal you say?

Consider how important is it to hear words of praise from you parents. Consider how important it is for you to know that your parents approve of your life. Consider how much you want to know that your parents have given you "the blessing" before they die.

After considering that . . . go back and read this story again. Then you will begin to understand Esau's response and Jacob's pursuit of the blessing.

Fortunately we are not limited to one blessing. Bless those around you every chance you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment