Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 5 a note from God: Job 6-9




Therefore I will not keep silent; I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit, I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
JOB 7:11




It is no secret that life has its moments and those moments are not always pleasant. I find comfort that God welcomes my complaints. I am strangely comforted by the fact that I can yell and complain with anguish and bitterness to my God. For my God is big enough for me to be able to yell. Maybe this isn't a revelation for you . . .

Indeed, I know that this is true. But how can mere mortals prove their innocence before God? Job 9:2

That is the problem with our complaints most often - we feel we do not deserve whatever it is we are complaining about. But in comparison to God, how will we ever be able to prove our innonence? The sad truth then is we cannot. But there is Good News, we just miss it or at least forget it.

Why do you not pardon my offenses and forgive my sins? JOB 7:22

In the grand scheme of things there is no reason for God to forgive our many offenses and transgression. The only reason is that He loves us. It is hard to fathom the "why?" of God's love. I think I am okay with not fully knowing the why and just accepting the fact that He does love me.

You ask me how I know?

The Bible tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment