Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 14 a note from God: Job 38-39


“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?" Job 38:4 NIV

This may be the one verse from Job that you recognize. This verse is one of the most quoted verses in the Bible.

During all of Job’s speeches, Job said that he wanted to meet God. Job wanted God to act as a judge. Job was sure that God would help him. Job was certain that God would declare that Job was innocent.

Job also thought that God had caused all of Job’s troubles. Job even spoke as if God was a cruel enemy.

In God’s speech, God did not explain Job’s troubles. Instead, God taught Job. God gave a list of many things that Job could not explain. These things are the work of God. Nobody else could do such things.

We don't always see the grand scheme of God's design, but it seemingly never stops us from wanting to tell God how to do things.

I am thankful that even in the midst of my complaints (and my infantile desire to tell God hwo to do things) that God still loves me enough to want to teach me something new.

What is God teaching you?

No comments:

Post a Comment