Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 17 a note from God: Genesis 16-18



Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; so she said to Abram, “The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.” Abram agreed to what Sarai said. Genesis 16:1-2 NIV

How often is God's timing not fast enough for us? In this case, Abram trusts God's promise but can't wait for God to act. How many of our problems are caused by our lack of trust and patience? Makes me think of the old hymn- Just Trust and obey . . .

One more cool thought from today . . .

She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.” That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi; it is still there, between Kadesh and Bered. Genesis 16 13-14 NIV

Throughout the Old Testament we learn of the many names given God. This is one name I think is really cool. I like the notion that God sees me. In those moments when my life feels pointless and of no value, I like to remember that God is Beer Lahai Roi - the One who sees me!

So, I got that going for me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment