Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 11 a note from God: Job 29-31



Job’s expresses his previous ideas about old age:

I thought, 'I'll die peacefully in my own bed, grateful for a long and full life,
A life deep-rooted and well-watered,a life limber and dew-fresh,My soul suffused with glory and my body robust until the day I die.'

Job 29:18-20 The Message


Job thought that he would always be successful. Life would continue as it was until he would die peacefully in his old age. As a result, his current misery and trouble were a real surprised to him.

Reality is that sometimes God changes our lives. We did not expect anything dramatic to happen in our lives. But God has other plans for us.

In those moments, we might feel confused. But we should continue to trust God. God helps us when life is good and we are successful. And God also helps us when we suffer terrible troubles. And perhaps are terrible troubles are also a momentary view as we cannot yet see clearly all that God has planned. (Hold on Job - the story of your life isn't complete yet!)

A good reminder for those os us who are living with the results of "the best laid plans" gone wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment