Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 22 a note from God: Genesis 30-31



When Rachel saw that she was not bearing Jacob any children, she became jealous of her sister. So she said to Jacob, “Give me children, or I’ll die!”

Jacob became angry with her and said, “Am I in the place of God, who has kept you from having children?”

Then she said, “Here is Bilhah, my servant. Sleep with her so that she can bear children for me and I too can build a family through her.”
Genesis 30:1-3 NIV

This should start to sound familiar. Lessons learned by the father are not necessarily learned by the son. This is nearly a repeat of activity from the last 20+ chapters.

We read it and think, "You are so stupid!"

But then again, how many times in our lives have we repeated the same mistakes in our relationships with others?

How many times have you depended on God's forgiveness?

Be thankful that God has always been patient with those that tried to follow Him.

And then, if you can, try not to repeat the same mistakes - or at least at not the same rate of frequency.

No comments:

Post a Comment