Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A peek at Sundays to come . . .


I find inspiration for sermons and bible studies in the strangest of places and I often write short notes to myself and place them on or around my desk. I also pick up books that I want to read at some point and stack them up by my desk. This past week I found myself drowning in all the notes I had accumulated on my desk. I also discovered that I had a stack of books that would have made Yertle the Turtle proud. On top of that my head was spinning with ideas.

So, I took a couple of days to begin to outline a plan for the coming 12 months of Bible Studies and Sermons. If nothing else, I would at least de-clutter my desk and more importantly my head!

Want a sneak peek?

Check out my reduced reading list in no particular order:

Holy Curiosity by Winn Collier

Plan B by Pete Wilson

Running with the Horses by Eugene Peterson

Invitations from God by Adele Ahlberg Calhoun

Elijah by Gene A. Getz

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Small Faith Great God by N. T. Wright

Unhappy Secrets of the Christian Life by Phillip Yancey

Choosing Your Faith by Mark Mittelberg

Feel free to grab a book and read along.

Who knows where we will end up.

I feel much more organized and definitely de-cluttered.

Can't wait to find our what God has in store . . .

I'll be taking notes and leaving them on my desk . . .

So the cycle continues . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment