Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 117 a note from God: Psalms 1,2,15,22-24,47,68


Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither — whatever they do prospers.
Psalm 1:1-3 NIV

Psalm 1 has always been on my favorites. I like the imagery.

I always remember that elementary school lesson that taught me there is more to a tree underground than what you see above ground. A tree is supported by a complex root system that allows it to grow.

Then I read this Psalm and I am reminded that my life of Faith is to be the same way.

Living a life of faith is not a show. It is not a "what you see is what you get" kinda life.

A life of Faith is to be deeply rooted in the "streams of water" - not just any water, but the "living water" - Jesus Christ.

Plant yourself deeply. Drink endlessly from the streams and watch the fruit that is produced in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment