Saturday, August 20, 2011

What a difference . . .12 months and Counting . . .


12 months ago we were moving into our new home in Hagerstown. In just a few weeks, I would become the newest in a long line of Senior Pastors at the First United Methodist Church in Hagerstown. We watched the Jubilee Day parade from the front lawn of the Huffines's. I met the church secretary as she waived from a float as it went by us. We seemed strangers in the town. On my first Sunday, I referred to the church as First Church - no one had done that before. It was new. It was different. It was refreshing and it stuck . . .


What a difference 12 months can make . . .

Today we participated in the parade. I walked with our church float and greeted the many people along the way. I actually knew people this time.



We waived . . .



We laughed . . .



These past 12 months has allowed me and our church to ReThink what it means to be a church and be a part of Hagerstown.

Today, I hope we helped the community begin to ReThink Church and to ReThink what it might mean to be a part of First Church.



12 months and counting . . .

Can't wait for the next 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment