Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 207 a note from God: 2 Chronicles 32-33


Amon was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem two years. He did evil in the eyes of the LORD, as his father Manasseh had done. Amon worshiped and offered sacrifices to all the idols Manasseh had made.2 Chronicles 33:21-22 NIV

Fathers and sons have a special bond and that isn't always a good thing.

As I watch my son grow up, I notice some of things that he does are just like me. These are not things I set out to teach him. He just does them because he has observed me.

I have also noticed that as I grow older I become more and more like my father. I do things that are just like him.

Manasseh taught his son a lot in 22 years. Amon was a mini-version of his father.

If it is true that we become like those that we spend the most time with . . .

Who are you spending your time with?

Wh are you becoming most like?

No comments:

Post a Comment