Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 221 a note from God: Jeremiah 35-37






The LORD of heavenly forces, the God of Israel, proclaims: Go and tell the people of Judah and those who live in Jerusalem: Can’t you learn a lesson about what it means to obey me, declares the LORD?
Jeremiah 35:13 CEB






There's nothing worse than saying or believing you can't do something only to be shown your belief isn't true.

I bite my nails. I mean I really bite my nails. It is a habit that try as I might I can't beat it. I find comfort that my father does it as well. The comfort is that it is heredity that causes me to bite my nails.

Horror of all horrors, my father at Age 68 has beaten the habit and actually grown nails! What will my excuse now be?

The Rechabites provided a similar picture for the people of Israel. They have been unable to do what God asks them to do. They have every excuse in the book and then here come the Rechabites and there goes the excuse "it can't be done."

I'm once again working on not biting my nails - apparently it can be done and I am without excuse.

What's your excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment