Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 224 a note from God: Habakkuk


Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

It wasn't that long ago that I became addicted to Farmville (a game on facebook). I admit I farmed every day and every night. I had farm friends all over the world. On several occassions, I would be delayed and unable to get to my crops and they would wither and die. The frustration of losing the investment in time and coins was . . . well frustrating. BUT then something wonderful would happen, I neighbor would stop and restore your crops to health! Oh Happy Day!!!

Life dosen't work that way. It would be great if in the middle of tragedy and advesity someone could come along and wave a wand and make it all the way it was before. But, alas life doesn't work that way - wait I already said that.

Habakkuk understood that.

It is easy to sing God's praises when everything in life is good. But what about those times when it is not?

Habakkuk says, "It don't matter. I'll sing God's praises no matter what comes my way!"

So, when your crops wither and your friends disappear. When trouble comes and help seems far away.

Remember, God is still with you and you can still rejoice in the hope that comes from being in relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment