Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 136 a note from God: Psalms 108-110


God, I have decided always to belong to you!
I will sing your praises as well as I can.
Wake up, harp and lyre.
I will sing before the dawn.
LORD, I will thank you in front of all the people.
I will sing your praises everywhere.
Your kind love is great.
It is higher than the clouds.
Your truth reaches to the skies.

Psalm 108:1-5 Easy English

David's life has been filled with ups and downs - much a result of the consequences of his own actions.

But here David boldly declares, "I have decided always to belong to you!"

Perhaps it is the wisdom of years lived. Perhaps it is the public declaration of that which David has always known (but no always followed). Whatever the reason, the thought should be our own.

Having been chosen by God, we should acknowledge the greatness of God at all times - at the start of each day and in all the places we go.

This will not happen because we believe it. It will happen when we consciously decide to live the truth we believe and declare it.

A firm resolution of belief can go a long way in changing the way we live.

It certainly kept David in pursuit of the things of God.

So, don't just believe it, but declare it with your life, your words, your actions -

"I belong to God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment