Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 133 a note from God: 2 Samuel 22-23 and Psalm 57


The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.

2 Samuel 22:21 NIV

At the end of David's life, he is able to speak with perspective. He sings songs of praise to God for all the times that God was faithful, BUT David also sings a song of praise for God's faithfulness in all things.

We love it when God is pouring out blessings on our lives.

We tend to become angry and/or resentful when correction or discipline comes.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have the perspective of David as it relates to God?

We want God's blessings. We want God to act in our lives. We just don't want it anyway to be connected with our behavior. We want God to eliminate the consequences of our bad behavior. We want a reward for making our hands clean.

Before the end of my days, I want to be able to say that God dealt with me according to actions and my rewards came as my hands were clean.

Faith matters. You faith should dictate your actions not excuse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment