Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 122 a note from God: Psalms 50,55,60,75


God reveals another contrast today:

This is God, your God, speaking to you. I don't find fault with your acts of worship . . . Spread for me a banquet of praise, serve High God a feast of kept promises, And call for help when you're in trouble— I'll help you, and you'll honor me."

Next, God calls up the wicked: "What are you up to, quoting my laws, talking like we are good friends? You never answer the door when I call; you treat my words like garbage.


Psalm 50:6-21 The Message

We thrive on the promise that God will answer our prayers when we cry out to Him. Yet, the message here from God is I will help you when you ask in the midst of your daily praise offerings. In other words, God is not a Genie in a bottle waiting for your command. God has an expectation that those that call upon Him are in relationship with Him.

You can't treat God's word like garbage and then quote it to your benefit. God will not be deceived. You can't fake this relationship hoping to get something from it.

Are you a friend of God or are you just expecting to Him to keep His promises?

This is a relationship. Don't throw it away like yesterday's garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment