Monday, July 9, 2012

On the way to Sunday . . . God revealed in the details

God must frequently watch us and laugh.

We have a team that has planning our Vacation Bible School (VBS) this year. It has been great. I would get updates on the planning, but I was not involved in the planning. VBS Started today using SKY curriculum from Group.

Here is the concept: Every kid wishes they could fly … so imagine transforming your church into the boundless blue sky! At Sky VBS, kids discover that by trusting God, everything is possible.

Cool idea, but here is the humor of God (remember I have not been part of the planning and until today knew nothing of the theme).

Sunday I talked about Superheroes and flying and how God calls each of us to be a hero (full story here).

This coming Sunday I will be telling the story of Elijah flyin' off to heaven in a whirlwind and how we are called to leave a legacy of faith behind us.

It appears to have been wonderfully planned by the pastor, but I must admit there was no plan - well at least on my part - God has been at work all along.

Always grateful when God reveals His plan in a way that can be seen. Thanks for the peak behind the curtain.

As we count the days 'til Sunday, I can't wait to see what else God has to teach us this week as learn to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment