Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 346 a note from God: I Peter




Dear friends, since you are immigrants and strangers
in the world,
I urge that you avoid worldly desires that wage war against your lives

I Peter 2:11 CEB










I have a peculiar habit. When I spend time in prolonged conversation with someone with a specific dialect, I pick it up. I still have phrases and words that I use after living in Texas and Minnesota. I can still revert to broken Russian english after spending time there 20 years ago!

How is that I still have very revealing parts of my life that resemble the places I have lived - even if for but a few short weeks! - but I still struggle to live like a citizen of God's Kingdom?

That is the hard part for us in this world - this is not our home.

So as hard as it is - STOP picking up bad habits!

You were meant to live a life far greater than the one you are settling for . . .

Your passport should state that you are only visiting -

be sure to declare all the baggage that you have picked up -

I know someone who will willing carry it for you . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment