Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 85 a note from God: Judges 10-12


Go and cry out to the gods you have chosen. Let them save you when you are in trouble!” But the Israelites said to the LORD, “We have sinned. Do with us whatever you think best, but please rescue us now.” Then they got rid of the foreign gods among them and served the LORD. And he could bear Israel’s misery no longer.
Judges 10:14-16 NIV


"I don't need any help"

"I can do it myself"

These famous words are often followed by these words, "Help! I'm stuck!"

It seems this is the same pattern the Israelites find themselves in. They are sure they can do better on their own. Then we they can't: they cry out to God for help.

I love God's response. It is a response every parent has used at one time another, You don't need my help. You can do it yourself."

What I love about God is He doesn't leave us in our state of misery.

When we acknowledge our errors, God is there to rescue us.

Need help? Try calling on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment