Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 104 a note from God: Psalms 6,8-10,14,16,19,21




Then I ask, "Why do you care about us humans?
Why are you concerned for us weaklings?"
Psalm 8:4 CEV





Today is Good Friday and we have a group of Psalms written by David to read.

David asks a great question of God in Psalm 8, "Why do you care about us humans?"

When you consider how fickle and prone to evil we are it is a wonder. I have to imagine that God sees all that we are capable of being and loves us in spite of how we are currently living.

Today, I am also struck by the words in the 6th Psalm:
If I die, I cannot praise you or even remember you.

That one line must summarize the feelings of the disciples. They still do not understand all that is happening.

They are still mourning the loss of their leader . . . If he dies, what will become of us?

Just wait. Today is Friday, but Easter morning is still to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment