Thursday, January 3, 2013

On the Way to Sunday: Running on Empty



Are you feeling Empty? Run down? Beat up? Exhausted? Weary? Worn out? Sick? Tired? 

I can relate.  Today has been the first full day of work for me in nearly three weeks. Now before you jump to conclusions, or think "so what's new" --- I have been fighting a sinus/bronchial/flu bug for almost a month and on most days it has won.  I don’t know about you, but throughout my life I have experienced times of emptiness, frustration, despair. I know faith isn’t supposed to dwindle, but shouldn't a pastor be able to pray for his own healing and get some relief?  It can be frustrating when you come face to face with the fact that this world isn’t perfect and neither am I.

Sometimes things just don’t work out the way they’re supposed to. There just isn’t a ‘happily ever after’ every time. The right team doesn’t win every game - don't I know that one! And Christians aren’t always filled to overflowing with energy, health, love, and faith.  But something happened today ... 

I have been behind in my worship planning and I 'forced' myself to do it.  Amidst hymnals, song books, bibles, and sermon outlines .... I found myself singing songs of worship and praise.  I began to get excited for what others would experience in the Sundays of worship that are coming up. And then it happened ... I wasn't empty ... or tired ... or exhausted ... or worn out ...

It is amazing what a few hours spent with the Savior can do for you. 

Are you feeling Empty? Run down? Beat up? Exhausted? Weary? Worn out? Sick? Tired?

See you Sunday ... the refills are are free. 






No comments:

Post a Comment