Wednesday, October 3, 2012

On the Way to Sunday .... Change is Coming

I was at a meeting this week when someone noted how much I like change.  I was quick to respond.

I don't like change!  I like routine.  I just can't stand not going anywhere.  I want progress.

What is it about change that we dislike?

As I type on my computer, I am cognizant of the fact that I do not want to return to the days of Prodigy and Compu-Serv.  While they were fun and new, I much prefer the on-line options I have today.

While I remember fondly my mis-spent youth in places like Aladdin's Castle and Gizmo's Games playing countless hours of video games, I enjoy the fun of the new games and simulators.

While the excuse, "I couldn't find a phone to call," wasn't true - it often worked.  I now enjoy being able to keep track of my family and communicate with them nearly instantly through cell phones.  I still remember getting call waiting and freeing that was to be able to be on the phone each night without my parents worrying they would miss a call.

Change comes and it is constant.

Not all change is good in the moment.  And it is okay to wish for simpler times.

But remember that change is coming.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

We will always struggle with the changes that are out of our control, but what about the change that we can control?  What about the promise of change in your life that God has promised?

Are you still fighting with God over the changes?

Change is coming .... Celebrate all that is new in your life!

Pray that God will continue to change you ... I am glad that God isn't done with me yet.

How about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment