Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 270 a note from God: Matt 4, Luke 4‐5, John 1:15‐51


Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
Luke 5:5 CEB

Remember when your parents use to say, "Because I said so!"

It meant stop trying to get out of whatever and just do it.

You couldn't win an argument when the response was "Because I said so."

I was struck by Simon's response: "I'll do it. I don't want it. It doesn't make any sense . . . but because you say so."

The story begins with the response we should always have when the Master comes calling . . . "Because you say so."

Much of what God asks of us doesn't make sense from our perspective, but given time we figure it out.

Save yourself some time. The next time God comes calling. Just say yes and know that you should be doing it just because the Master says so.

No comments:

Post a Comment