Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 280 a note from God: Mark4-5, Matthew 8


Another man, one of his disciples, said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

But Jesus said to him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”


Matthew 8:21-22 CEB

This is considered by many a perplexing statement by Jesus.

I think it makes sense.

Consider that in life there is always a list of things to do. In this case, attend a funeral.

Jesus simply states that if you are to follow Him that will need to be your priority - not other things!

We can rationalize anything.

It's okay to miss church this week . . .

It won't matter if I skip a week in Bible Study . . .

I can always pray another time . . .

Pretty soon all of our time is taken up and our relationship with Christ is not even on the list of things to do.

That was Jesus' point.

What have you done to make your relationship with Christ a priority?

No comments:

Post a Comment