Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 170 a note from God: I King 17-19


Some time later the brook dried up
because there had been no rain in the land.

I Kings 17:7 NIV

A disclaimer: I really like Elijah. Just ask some of my former colleagues.

I just seem to relate to him on so many levels.

Today's highlighted scripture is one place.

Elijah is directed to a ravine and in that place he is cared for by God.

He has water to drink and food to eat and all of his needs are being met.

He has been faithful to God in all his actions . . .

and then . . .

ever been in one of those "and then" moments?

The brook dries up.

Why?

What has he done?

Oh, but wait, there is a drought in the land.

Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to King Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.” I Kings 17:1 NIV

No Rain. No Brook.

How often we miss that the brooks that run dry in our life are all part of God's plan. A plan to move us on and to grow and prosper us.

Be thankful for the brooks in your life and be ready to rejoice when the run dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment