Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 147 a note from God: Proverbs 4-6


Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching. For I too was a son to my father, still tender, and cherished by my mother.

Proverbs 4:1-3

A gentle reminder today for parents. Parents and Grandparents (for that matter all adults!), we have so much wisdom to pass on to the next generations. We have gained this wisdom through the experience of life.

We need to then be careful as we impart this wisdom on others to do so with honesty.

Do not declare from the Ivory Tower all that you know. Instead speak wisdom from the failings of your life.

The sooner we admit we are not perfect - because others already know this - the sooner others will listen to our stories.

Teach your children what you have learned from your mistakes - or they will be doomed to repeat your mistakes.

Simply telling them what to do will not be nearly as effective as telling them what you learned from a similar experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment