Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 157 a note from God: 2 Chronicles 6-7 and Psalm 136


If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
2 Chronicles 7:14-15 NIV

In those moments when you found yourself wondering why God has not answered your prayers here is a place to stop and ponder:

Have you humbled yourself? Are you asking out of self-ambition?
Have you confessed your sins? More importantly have you turned away from your sins -- - in other words have you stopped sinning!

God wants to hear your prayers. God reminds Solomon that there are some requirements. God is not a genie in a bottle available at our command (that is my translation).

Prayer is a powerful thing in the hands of the humble and contrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment