Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 31 a note from God: Exodus 4-6



But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”
Exodus 4:13 NIV

There is a recurring theme that comes from Moses in these three chapters. Did you notice it?

There is no end to the excuses that Moses has for not doing the things that God asks him to do. I know that when I read it I can't help but get frustrated with Moses. I want to yell at the pages, "Suck it up. You are Moses! Get on with it!"

It is in that moment that I wonder if that is not how God thinks of me sometimes. How often have I made excuses. How often have I said, "Send someone else."

As the guilt sets in, I am comforted as I remember that God was patient with Moses. I pray HE will continue to be patient with me. Until then, today, Send Me. Today, I am ready.

We'll talk again tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment