Thursday, January 23, 2014

Guilt Free Bible Reading Plan: Exodus 7-8 - Freedom ...

 
Then the LORD said to Moses,
"Get up early in the morning and confront Pharaoh as he goes to the river and say to him,
'This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.
Exodus 8:20 NIV

The story of Passover contained in the story of Moses and the Plagues is an important story.  The story of the rescue of God's people from the bondage of slavery is fundamental in understanding our relationship with God. This story provides the backdrop for the sacrificial death of Christ as it frees us from the bondage of sin.

And yet, I wonder if in our freedom we miss the real truth?

We tend to focus so much on God's love for us - God's desire to free us - God's overwhelming grace that I think we forget WHY God did this: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.

We haven't been freed from the penalty of sin in order that we might do whatever we want. NO!  We have been freed from the chains of slavery that we might worship.  Some translations even relate that are freedom was created that we might become servants: Let my people go, that they may serve me.

Having faith is not all that we are called to ... living our faith is where it's at ...

Christ frees us from all that holds us captive in this world SO THAT we can worship God and serve Him with all of our lives.

I am free to worship ... I am free to serve ... I am free to life for Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment