Tuesday, August 20, 2013

For King and Country


For the past six years I have ended every worship service with the same benediction.  It varies a bit each week, but the essences is always the same:

As you go, remember this:
God loves you, Jesus died for you, and how you live your faith matters ... now and forever.

For me those words are the gospel in a nutshell.  In some form, I preach that message each week.  I am amazed by the power the words carry.  No one may ever remember a word I preach, but they know the foundational truths of my messages through this simple benediction.  It also serves as a reminder that church is only a beginning ...After the benediction, we sing a song and people depart. 

Last Sunday after church, we went to the Indiana State Fair with other people from our church to enjoy the day and the music - it was Christian Music Day at the Fair.  As usual the words from the service were swirling in my head.  So when I heard these words coming from the stage, I was immediately drawn in: 


So let my life be the proof of Your love
So let my love look like You and what Your made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
     -For King and Country



My benediction, it seems, now has a theme song (and a music video - see below). 




BTW, gotta love the video - reminds me of Doctor Who and the Cybermen!

Allow me to take a moment and wholeheartedly recommend this rising group - For King and County.  I have now heard them twice in concert - both times they stole the show with their music, their stage presence, and their message.  Rarely does a group come along that has it all - a great sound (drums, xylophone, and a cello!) - great show - great message.  These guys have it all.  Take the time to explore their music and then the opportunity comes - GO and be blessed by their music and ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment