Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 315 a note from God: Acts 9-10


When Saul arrived in Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him. They didn’t believe he was really a disciple.
Acts 9:26 CEB

Inside the church, we 'know' the story of Paul. So, I was struck when I read this verse today. How had I missed it before.

Saul/Paul tried to join, but the disciples responded with fear.

Had they not been with Jesus and learned anything?

What happened to 'I was a stranger and you took me in'?

I then wonder how often we do this today in the church?

How many doors do we close or keep closed out of fear?

How many people have we rejected out of hand?

What has the church failed to do out of fear?

What have you failed to do out of fear?

You have nothing to fear - Remember . . . 'I am with you even til the end of the age'

In the words of a lonely greens keeper . . . .

So, you got that goin' for you - which is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment