Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 180 a note from God: Jonah


The word of the LORD came to Jonah son of Amittai Jonah 1:1 NIV

Many people approach the story of Jonah as a big fishing story – a great story but hard to swallow as true.

I am not a "Bible says it; so I believe it" kinda of guy. I want context. I want historical fact. I want the skinny.

That being said, this book does not say who wrote it. It is unlikely that Jonah was the author. The story is not very favourable towards Jonah. No writer in the Bible tells such a bad story about himself.

Regardless, I want to learn from the story. There must be a reason the story of Jonah is in the Bible. And it may be hard to grasp the story as true, but then again how hard is it to believe this story once you understand that Jesus rose from the dead!

You can read more about Noah from my sermon series on Noah here and here and here and even here.

May the word of the Lord come to you this day as it did so long ago for Jonah.

No comments:

Post a Comment