Sunday, September 29, 2013

Why is There Suffering?


I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. But be courageous! I have conquered the world.  John 16:33

In other words, In the midst of our suffering God offers us the two very things we need: peace to deal with our present and courage to deal with our future. How is able to do this? Because Christ conquered the world through His own suffering and death. As a result, suffering doesn’t have the last word. Death doesn’t have the last word. God has the last word!

So when tragedy strikes, as it will;
when suffering comes, as it will;
Let’s stop asking Why is there suffering?
And instead ask ourselves: How will we respond?

Are you ready to face the tragedies and suffering of this world?
Can you resolve this day that when tragedy or suffering strikes that you will be ready to respond?

The Bible says, “God is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

Does that describe you? 

You have a choice: to turn bitter, or to turn to God and find peace and courage. 

Pray with me to receive Christ – so that you can know for sure that even if the very worst thing were to happen to you after you leave today, it will immediately be followed by the very best thing of all – an eternity with Christ.

Jesus, I believe that You are the Son of God. I confess that I’m a sinner – I have made mistakes. I want to live a life that honors You. Please lead my life – because from this moment on, I am Yours and I pray this in Your name. Amen.

For all of us that carry the name Christian. We seek to live a life that Honors God. We do so by choosing to love God, to love one another, and to serve the world in the name of Christ.  We do this knowing that the end of the book has been written, but not yet played out in this world.  We trust that when that day of pain and suffering enters our lives - when our days on earth are over – we will fly away and finally be HOME – with no more suffering, pain, or tragedy.






No comments:

Post a Comment