Friday, September 3, 2010

Golfing with meaning


For the past four years I have played golf nearly every week with a group of men at Hillcrest Country Club in Indianapolis. The men I play with are all retired and have a wealth of experience in life and business. My Dad plays with them nearly every day of the week and I am grateful for the invite to be a part of the group.

I began playing with them as my Dad's son and I am now humbled to be known as the 'Pastor.' I have not been able to play with them the past two weeks with everything related to our move. I miss those guys and our time together. It is amazing what you can learn from a bunch of retired guys!

My last time out with them I was also asked by the head pro (Kyle Bloom) to stop by his office. I was concerned I had somehow managed a golfing faux pas during my outing that I was going to be called on - is it possible to be DQ'd from a friendly?

I was humbled again - Kyle wanted to pray for me and the new ministry at First United Methodist Church in Hagerstown. It is awesome and humbling to have someone pray for you.

A shout out to all my friends at Hillcrest - You are all in my prayers as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment